The Green Your Home / Green Your Guest House course is an important course for every household. It teaches learners the knowledge and skills required to take immediate steps aimed at living a greener lifestyle while saving your family and your business money in the process.
We teach learners how to run a green household or guest house without compromising existing lifestyle needs. You will learn how to effectively target inefficiencies, wastage of resources and how to select new technology, retrofit technology and change behaviour.
Focus areas include energy efficiency, water efficiency, waste management, elimination of domestic contaminants and introduction to renewable energy.
Benefits of attending the course
- Save water
- Save electricity
- Save money on your running costs
- Hedge yourself against future rises in tariffs
- Know how to invest in your own home and enjoy a return of up to 40% (better than any bank!)
- Differentiate yourself from other guest houses
- Have a healthier home
- Enjoy a warm home in winter
- Enjoy a cool home in summer
- Save greenhouse gases
- Be sustainable
- Be eco-friendly
- Have as small a footprint as you can
- Prepare your house for energy alternatives such as solar and wind
- Be assured of sound investments in sustainability and efficiency
Who should attend?
- People that own or rent a house long term; operate a guest house and who want to save on running costs or feel an obligation to live a more eco-friendly existence
- Anyone wanting to eradicate unnecessary waste and contaminants from their lives
- Homeowners planning alterations, extensions, refurbishments or renovations
- New home buyers who would like to assess potential new homes in regard to their eco-status and their running costs
- Mothers and fathers that want to create a healthier environment for their children
- Housewives wanting to be more informed about their purchases and how to live in a more eco-friendly manner
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained